top of page
Madison County 310 Board


Welcome to the Madison County 310 Board, serving individuals with intellectual disabilities in Madison County, Alabama. Madison County 310 Board (MC310) is the single point of entry for individuals with Intellectual Disabilities seeking waiver services or additional resources. In addition, MC310 provides service coordination for individuals residing in Madison County and currently on the ID/LAH Waiver.


If you are interested in obtaining waiver services, you must first call:

1-800-361-4491 to begin the waiting list application process. 


New Logo.png


Facebook Page


Our Brochure



Call us:1-866-833-7949

 Email us:

You and others can save money for your financial future without impacting your benefits.

Earnings in an ABLE account are not taxed by the federal or state government. Money withdrawn from the account to pay for Qualified Disability Expenses3 is also not taxed.4

  • Education (including tuition for preschool through post-secondary schools);

  • Housing;

  • Transportation;

  • Employment training and support;

  • Assistive technology and related services;

  • Personal support services;

  • Health, prevention and wellness;

  • Financial management and administrative services;

  • Legal fees;

  • Expenses for oversight and monitoring;

  • Funeral and burial expenses, and

  • Other expenses to enhance the account owner’s quality of life.

1There is an annual contribution limit of $14,000 from all contributors to the account

2Account balances up to and including $100,000 will be disregarded for purposes of determining eligibility to receive resource-based benefits. When the total account balance exceeds $100,000, the amount over $100,000 will be used to determine if the account owner has exceeded the SSI resource limit of $2,000, whether alone or in combination with other resources. If the resource limit is exceeded, SSI benefits will be suspended until the account balance falls below $100,000. This suspension does not impact the account owner's ability to receive Medicaid.

3The earnings portion of a withdrawal not used for Qualified Disability Expenses is subject to federal and state income tax and may be subject to an additional 10% federal tax.

4Withdrawals from the account for a Qualified Disability Expense (other than housing) will be excluded from the account owner's resources if it is retained beyond the month received as long as the account is still open, the withdrawal is unspent, and the use of the withdrawal can be identified. Withdrawals from the account to pay for housing-related expenses must be spent within the month of the withdrawal. If the housing expense is paid after the month of withdrawal, it will be included as the account owner's income.

Total annual contributions into the account, regardless of who made the contribution, cannot exceed $14,000 per calendar year.

To determine if you are eligible, call your local Social Security office or your disability benefits advisor.

Opening an account is simple, and it can be done entirely online or, if you prefer, by filling out a paper Enrollment Form and mailing it to the Plan. The individual with disabilities is the account owner and the account owner owns the assets in the account.

There are some circumstances in which the account owner may need others to open and maintain the account on their behalf.

  • If the account owner is a minor, a parent or guardian can open your account online or by completing an Enrollment Form.

  • If the account owner has a legally authorized representative (guardian, conservator or legal power of attorney) that has financial responsibility for the account owner, that individual will need to complete a paper enrollment form and send in evidence of their responsibility.

When an account is opened, you or your legally authorized representative will be able to check a box indicating your disability and self-certify you are eligible to open an account. Additionally, you agree to notify the Plan if you no longer have an eligible disability.

Information needed to open an account

To open an account, you (and if applicable, the parent or guardian or legal representative) will need to tell us your name, address, Social Security or taxpayer identification number, birth date and email address. You will also need to select an Investment Option.

Account restrictions

  • If an account owner receives Medicaid, his or her state that provided Medicaid services may seek to receive the balance in the account upon death. For those not receiving Medicaid benefits, any funds remaining in the account will be available to the estate.

  • If the account owner is no longer an Eligible Individual, the account can remain open subject to certain restrictions.

Any person can contribute to your account – family, friends, a trust or estate, partnership, association, company or a corporation. No matter who contributes, you (or your legal representative) control the account and the assets in the account belong to you.

  • Contributions must be in US dollars and cash is not accepted.


  • Any person can contribute by check, electronic funds transfer from a bank account, or directly from a paycheck.


  • Low contribution minimum


  • To open an account, you need to contribute a minimum of $50. If you set up AIP or payroll deduction at the time of enrollment, the minimum contribution is $25. The minimum contribution amount after you have enrolled (called a “subsequent contribution”) is $25 and the $25 is waived if you have AIP or contribute through payroll deduction. Your account must have a minimum balance of $50 at all times.

EnablE Alabama

Need Services?Here's How to Get Started:

New building.png
Office Pic 2020.jpg

How to express concerns about the services you need and/or are receiving

First, please contact your support coordinator and support coordinator supervisor to address any concerns you may have. Should you feel as though your concerns are not addressed, please follow the below chain of command:
1) Kimberly Holyfield -Region 1 Director (ID/LAH waivers)
Phone:(256) 898-2789                                                                                          
2) Byron White- Waiver director (CWP Waiver) -                     
Phone: (334) 353-7713
3) Kathy Sawyer - Associate Commissioner of Mental Health
Phone: (334) 242-3704
4) Kim Boswell- Commissioner of Mental Health-                   
Phone: (334) 242-3107

If you feel as though your concerns are not addressed appropriately, please then contact your Legislature. Contact information is listed below.

New Guidance about COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments

From Social Security Administration Commissioner Andrew Saul  April 10, 2020


“The Treasury Department launched a new web tool allowing quick registration for Economic Impact Payments for eligible individuals who do not normally file a tax return, and also announced that it would begin making automatic payments. 

However, for some people receiving benefits from the Social Security Administration—specifically those who have dependent children under the age of 17—it is to their advantage to go to this portal to ensure they also get the $500 per dependent Economic Impact Payment.  I encourage them to do

this as soon as possible, and want to provide the following details:


People who receive Social Security, retirement, survivors, or disability insurance benefits and who did not file a tax return for 2018 or 2019 and who have qualifying

children under age 17 should now go to the IRS’s webpage to enter their information instead of waiting for their automatic $1,200 Economic Impact Payment.  By taking proactive steps to enter information on the IRS website about them and their qualifying children, they will also receive the $500 per dependent child payment in addition to their $1,200 individual payment.  If Social Security beneficiaries in this group do not provide their information to the IRS soon, they will have to wait to receive their $500 per qualifying child.


The same new guidance also applies to SSI recipients, especially those who have qualifying children under age 17.  To receive the full amount of the Economic Impact Payments you and your family are eligible for, go to the IRS’s Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info page and provide information about yourself and your qualifying children.


Additionally, any new beneficiaries since January 1, 2020, of either Social Security or SSI benefits, who did not file a tax return for 2018 or 2019, will also need to go to the IRS’s Non-Filers website to enter their information.


Lastly, for Social Security retirement, survivors, or disability beneficiaries who do not have qualifying children under age 17, you do not need to take any action with the IRS.  You will automatically receive your $1,200 economic impact payment directly from the IRS as long as you received an SSA-1099 for 2019.


For SSI recipients who do not have qualifying children under age 17, we continue to work closely with Treasury in our efforts to make these payments automatically.  Please note that we will not consider Economic Impact Payments as income for SSI recipients, and the payments are excluded from resources for 12 months.


The eligibility requirements and other information about the Economic Impact Payments can be found at the IRS’s Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments page.  In addition, please continue to visit the IRS for the latest information.


We will continue to update Social Security’s COVID-19 webpage as further details become available.”

Helpful Links Regarding 


The New Normal

What to do During a Pandemic

Centers for Disease Control:

Alabama Department of Mental Health - DD Services:


Changes to Social Security

Did you know that you can now request a copy of a replacement or corrected social security card online? Follow the link below for more information:

The Commissioner Statement on Economic Impact Payments for Individuals receiving SSI.

Did you know that you can now complete the Claimants Appointment of representative online? Follow the link below for more information:

ADAP 1.png
ADAP 2.png


© 2015 Madison County 310 Board.                           "Promoting the welfare of people with Intellectual Disabilities"

bottom of page